Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Roopa Vohra's Showcase Event - Jewels & More!

This past Saturday, I was lucky enough to make my way to the Time Hotel located in the heart of NYC, for Roopa Vohra's limited time showcase brought to the US. Not only was I able to see her one of a kind masterpieces, but I was also able to meet her! Just to fill you guys in on the designer and her brand. Roopa Vohra's design house is one of the leading jewelry brands in India. She Began her career just short of 20 years ago and has been a revivalist of old world designs brought to today's day and age. I had the chance of speaking to her during the event and saw the passion and love she had for her design house. Not only is each piece a masterpiece, but no piece is duplicated. Each item is a design of itself and has derived from this one piece of art called the "Thewa", her muse. It's a 400 year old art piece of fusing 23 k gold with colored glass. This piece was what started her on this journey and she has adapted it in all her collections. 



Roopa was one the most modest, elegant, and down to earth women I have ever met and hope to meet her again! The event was chic and cozy with wine and champagne flowing. Plus the location didn't hurt a bit! It was in the penthouse glass room in the Time Hotel which was filled with sunlight, the perfect setting!  Roopa's Jewelry was of course the focal point of the day with people coming in and out to experience her vision.



*Check out this bracelet/cuff that I got to try on, OMG Amazinngg*

I obviously did not leave empty handed. My mother is a huge jewelry collector and even though she was not able to come to the event with me, she was there in spirit so I thought of her with these exquisite earrings. 

PS- My mom totally agreed and loved them!


The best part about all her jewelry is it's NOT just for Indian clothes, which is great and versatile! You could wear her earrings, rings, necklaces, bracelets on Indian or Western clothing. While I was talking with Roopa, she was telling me that throughout the years her clientele has evolved and more non-indians admire her jewelry and I could see why. The best best best best part was that each piece was handcrafted into a unique piece of art, which you could see. I could not be happier that I was able to meet Roopa and see her gorgeous and divine designs. She actually will be in Boston this coming weekend showing her collections so if your in the area go check it out! Plus you can look up more collections at http://www.roopavohra.com/

I really hope ya'll love her items as much as I did. 

XOXO, 
Devyani


8 comments:

  1. Hey Devyani, how do I get in touch with you about your blog?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bluenoseabby,

      Please email me at devyani@indianfashionpolice.com
      Excited to hear from you =)

      Delete
  2. Hey Roopa,

    Nice collection of jewellery. Please check out for latest trendy artificial jewellery on Mirraw.com Jewellery Section

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roopa Vohra is a wonderful fashion designer and the author is really a huge fashion enthusiast.Her inspiration 'Thewa' is also a very exquisite form of jewellery.I also admire the nice setting for the jewelry exhibition i.e. the Time hotel.To purchase jewelry in India, contact Sirjana Signature jewelry in Delhi.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Nice collection of jewellery.

    Please also include chanderi saree in your fashion list

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fancy designer wear our website and resonable price More....
    We Have Some For You In Your Budget For more…..
    Eid Mubarak 2017

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best Outfits For Young ladies, Womens and Girls
    We Have Some For You In Your Budget For more…
    Plz visit:- Ghagra Choli

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can buy from our large and diverse collection of salwar kameez, party wear suits, bollywood collection, cotton kurtis, Anarrkali suits,Bollywood saree and many other products....
    We Have Some For You In Your Budget For more…
    Plz visit:- Designer Dresses

    ReplyDelete