Monday, May 5, 2014

Freida Pinto At the WHCD

Last Night was the Wonderful White House Correspondence Dinner. All the glamorous people of the world get to attend this event wearing beautiful gowns in the presence of the most influential people. They get to be in the presence of the PRESIDENT along with some fab dining and drinks.Freida Pinto, the Slumdog Millionaire actress, was one of those lucky people who got to attend. Freida has made a name for herself as fashion trendsetter and a risk taker. She has been a designers muse and has worn probably every high end couturier in the world. For this occasion she chose to wear a light peach Thakoon gown. 
From the front I love this gown. She is GLOWING! I love the fact that she did such a light color. The cut out is something I am seeing everywhere and I love the fact that she wore that which such sophistication to this function. Her hair pulled back and light make up is wonderful it is sooo refreshing, but in my eyes there are some issues with this outfit...
When you look at the dress from the side it is not too pleasing. She is an extremely petite and tiny girl with not that heavy of a bust. This dress obviously is suppose to accentuate the chest with the cut out and shape, but because she does not have a chest it makes her look even more boyish. Plus I wish she had accessorized better with heavier jewelry such as drop earrings or a cuff bracelet, as the dress is not that BLINGED. At the end of the day, Freida is usually dressed to perfection so even though this isn't wasn't my favorite outfits, I'm not goonnnaa hate on my gurll!!!


Till next time...
XOXO
Devyani

No comments:

Post a Comment